Well, it’s been almost a full work week since I last wrote. Needless to say, little has happened. But, regardless, to recap:
– I’ve had a good training week so far. I ran 6 miles on Tuesday and was able to sleep in (until 5:45…ha!) on Wednesday, when I ran about 3 1/4 miles. Yesterday morning I decided to skip the workout and rest, since my legs have been feeling very tired lately! My ankle is also kind of bothering me, so I decided to skip the gym again today. Hopefully this will ensure I have a most excellent long run tomorrow morning!
– I worked on the most mundane of tasks for the past two days at work. Me and Microsoft Excel became really close. Perhaps a little too close.
Side note: The word “mundane” reminds me of a particular scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Funny movie.
– Yesterday was Wing Day! I only ate part of my lunch and left the other half in the fridge at work. Whoops. Guess I’ll have leftovers today!
– I have a long run planned for tomorrow morning (10-11 miles). Should be interesting. I’m kind of dreading it because it is going to not include the awesome Cape Cod landscape that I was lucky enough to run through last weekend. Regardless, I’m hoping it will be a successful run that leaves me hungry for more!
– The hotel I booked this past weekend for the half marathon in Providence is completely sold out for that weekend. I’m so glad I had enough foresight to not wait until the last minute to book a hotel. The one I picked out is a half mile from the start/finish and about a quarter of a mile from the expo.
And, last but not least…
It’s finally Friday!