Here is what the award entails:
– Post 11 facts about yourself.
– Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create questions for the next group of nominees.
– Choose up to 11 (or more or less depends on the rules you follow) bloggers to nominate and link them in the post!
– Let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged- and no tag-backs!
11 facts about me:
1. I really hate soup spoons. And I refuse to use them.
2. I love field hockey and played throughout high school in college.
3. Injuries resulting from the aforementioned sport: plantar fasciitis, 2 black eyes, 5 stitches, a fat lip and a broken thumb.
4. I’ve never smoked any sort of tobacco product – cigarettes, cigars, or hookah.
5. I danced for 10 years, from the ages of 3-13. I did ballet, tap and jazz.
6. When I was in first grade, I made a boy laugh so hard he peed his pants.
7. I’m a pro at parallel parking. So much so, that if Adam is driving, he gets out so I can parallel park it.
8. The first time I ever went on an airplane, I was a sophomore in high school.
9. I spent half of my junior year studying abroad in London, and loved that city so much that I applied for jobs there after I graduated.
10. I’ve been skydiving…in the Swiss Alps.
11. My favorite season is fall, and I definitely miss the changing temperatures and crazy foliage that we had back in New England.
Below are some of the questions that Ashley asked me. At the bottom, I will ask my own questions and nominate some other bloggers…
What is your favorite food?
Burgers and bacon. Combined. Perhaps that’s why I’m such a big lover of Slaters 50/50. Also a huge fan of sushi.
How do you de-stress?
Where do you get your ideas for new posts?
Since That SoCal Life is supposed to highlight my life in San Diego and the best things to do and places to go in this city, I get my ideas from my days and nights in America’s Finest City. Sometimes, I look to other bloggers to see what they’re up to, but usually I gather inspiration from my own experiences.
Cookies or Pie?
Either/or. My favorite dessert is actually brownie sundaes (ice cream + toppings served over warm brownies). I’ve had that for the past three years for my birthday instead of cake.
What’s your favorite movie?
I think Clueless will always hold a special spot in my heart. Also a big fan of The Wedding Singer.
What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
Putting folded laundry away. There’s been times when I’ve left it folded, in the basket, for a couple of weeks just because I couldn’t be bothered to put it away.
What’s your favorite hobby/activity to do in your spare time?
I really enjoy baking and running.
Do you play or watch any sports?
I love going to baseball games in the summer, and especially love that I’m in a city with a professional sports team. I also really like watching football but I’m not sure if I’ll make it to a Chargers game this fall. I feel like football should be watched in cold weather and that’s just not going to happen in San Diego. I also played field hockey throughout high school and college. I found a pick-up league out here that I go play at occasionally.
Are you a country or city girl?
I like having everything in close proximity, and love the hustle and bustle of cities like New York. Studying in London was a dream come true for me and I definitely consider myself a city girl.
1. What is your typical morning routine like?
2. What is one talent you wish you had?
3. I f you could be any animal, what would you be?
4. What are your pet peeves?
5. Who is your real-life hero?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness? OR Where and when were you been happiest?
9. What is your most treasured possession?
10. Which qualities do you look for in friends? In relationships?