I really appreciate that Samantha over at Livin’ on Brightside nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’ve done this before but I think the questions are so fun and would love to hear others’ responses, so here we go…
Here is what the award entails:
– Post 11 facts about yourself.
– Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you and then create questions for the next group of nominees.
– Choose up to 11 (or more or less depends on the rules you follow) bloggers to nominate and link them in the post!
– Let your nominees know that they’ve been tagged- and no tag-backs!
11 facts about me:
1. I really hate soup spoons. And I refuse to use them.
2. I love field hockey and played throughout high school and college.
3. Injuries resulting from the aforementioned sport: plantar fasciitis, 2 black eyes, 5 stitches, a fat lip and a broken thumb.
4. I’ve never smoked any sort of tobacco product – cigarettes, cigars, or hookah.
5. I danced for 10 years, from the ages of 3-13. I did ballet, tap and jazz.
6. When I was in first grade, I made a boy laugh so hard he peed his pants.
7. I’m a pro at parallel parking. So much so, that if Adam is driving, he gets out so I can parallel park it.
8. The first time I ever went on an airplane, I was a sophomore in high school.
9. I spent half of my junior year studying abroad in London, and loved that city so much that I applied for jobs there after I graduated.
10. I’ve been skydiving…in the Swiss Alps.
11. My favorite season is fall, and I definitely miss the changing temperatures and crazy foliage that we had back in New England.
Below are the questions that Samantha asked me…
What’s on your Christmas/wish list?
In a perfect world, I’d get a new laptop. My computer won’t turn on (and I haven’t yet gotten it fixed due to cost and whether it’s even worth the cost), so I use Adam’s…but would love to have a new Macbook.
What is your dream vacation?
I realllllly want to do an all-inclusive resort with Adam sometime next year in Mexico. I love that you pay for everything up front and can eat and drink and don’t have to worry about spending much money.
What inspired your blog name?
I moved to San Diego and wanted to rebrand my existing blog. I’d hopefully have a lot to share from my time in America’s Finest City, and I wanted some way to document that. That SoCal Life came to me since I’d be sharing the details of my new life in SoCal.
Which blog post are you most proud of?
I wrote a blog post called “It is always now” that has gotten some good feedback. That’s definitely one of my favorite posts. I’d recommend everyone go read it now because I really love the overall message.
If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would you be?
Kate Middleton. I have no interest in dealing with the pregnancy symptoms she’s been having but I think it would be cool to see what her life is like just for a day.
If you can succeed at one thing (anything you desire), what would it be?
I would love to be able to play guitar well. Adam has been playing for 15 years and is amazing at it. It would be cool if we could play together.
What is one favorite thing that you own?
My grandma gave me a bracelet for my birthday last year. It’s really special to me.
What is one thing you look forward to this Christmas/Holiday?
I’m looking forward to the time off from work and taking a ‘staycation’ in San Diego. My work is generous and is giving us Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after Christmas off…so it’ll be nice to have a short work week and long weekend.
If you can have any animal in the world as your pet, what would it be?
I would love a pet raccoon. I just think they’re so cute.
But let’s be real – I already have the only animal I’d ever want…Maeby!
What is your favorite childhood memory?
I loved playing in the snow with my neighbors and friends. Between sledding, snowball fights, and fort building, it was all just so much fun.
What advice would you give to someone wanting to start a blog?
Have fun with it! You have to write for yourself before worrying about writing for other people. If you genuinely enjoy what you’re writing about, people will notice and will be more responsive than if you’re just writing because you feel like you have to. It’s okay to only post once a week or once a month – it’s your blog, so do what you want with it.
I nominate anyone who wants to do this, and here are my questions for you:
1. What is your typical morning routine like?
2. What is one talent you wish you had?
3. I f you could be any animal, what would you be?
4. What are your pet peeves?
5. Who is your real-life hero?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
8. What is your idea of perfect happiness? OR Where and when were you been happiest?
9. What is your most treasured possession?
10. Which qualities do you look for in friends? In relationships?