Last week, as part of my having a ClassPass, I got the opportunity to try an awesome little spinning studio in Pacific Beach. RideOn Indoor Cycling is located at 2705 Garnet Avenue, which is right in the beginning of PB and just off the 5, meaning it’s a great place to go to no matter what part of San Diego you’re from. Kayla had already signed up, and I logged into the ClassPass dashboard Tuesday afternoon and managed to grab the same spot for a class that evening.
We’ll start with what I didn’t like:
- I had no issue finding parking BUT I can see where on might have a problem with it, especially during a weekend or in the summer.
Yup, that’s it. Onto what I liked:
- Everything. Just kidding (kind of).
- Its proximity to the 5 makes it really easy to get to, and for me, I was able to make the trip in 10 minutes, even during rush hour. I also had no problem finding the place (it’s located on the second floor at the address above).
- It was a small studio, which I liked. You signed in, and then walked right into the room where the magic happens. The picture below isn’t great; there were people already in the room and I was trying my best to not be as awkward as possible.
- The instructor, Hollie, was really nice. Compared to my experience at Pure Barre, this instructor made sure to get us set up just right on our bikes and was interested in hearing how we enjoyed the class. She also asked a lot about ClassPass and wanted to know our experience with it so far.
- There was a small room off of the studio where there was filtered water, cubbies (with drawers, which I liked) and a small area to change. They also had towels available for use.
Alright, so will I return to RideOn SD? Yup. To be honest, I’m not one of those people that OMGloves spinning, but I genuinely enjoyed this class. The instructor made me feel comfortable and was really friendly, and we got such a great workout.
Do you like spinning? What kind of workout should I try out next?